Website City of Toronto
Reporting to the Manager Financial Planning and Accounting, the Budget Assistant performs budgeting, complement, Ministry grants reporting, accounting and purchasing functions and maintains the related files.
- Liaises with the Financial Planning Division, People & Equity Division, PPEB Division, Accounting Division and the Purchasing Division, regarding budget, complement, payroll, accounting and purchasing matters
- Monitors, analyzes and reconciles financial accounts.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information required for the preparation and ongoing monitoring of budgets and makes recommendations regarding future needs.
- Prepares adjusting entries and correspondence as required
- Reviews and ensures compliance with corporate and departmental financial and administrative directives and policies regarding budget, complement, payroll and accounting issues
- Provides cost and revenue analysis and identifies problem areas.
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job functions
- Ability to coordinate large amounts of financial and statistical data for analysis and reporting.
- Considerable experience with budgeting, coordination of budgets and grant receipts
- Knowledge of current accounting procedures and techniques.
Company: City of Toronto
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com