Website City of Regina
We are looking for an experienced professional to come on board as our newest Human Resources Business Partner. Your in-depth understanding of human resource practices will allow you to consistently support strategic objectives while developing creative solutions to organizational challenges. This role has the opportunity to significantly influence and impact assigned client groups within the organization.
- Facilitating soft skills training and refining corporate programs to meet the needs of the operation, including conducting training sessions for managers and individual departments on various topics to enhance team performance.
- Partnering with HR Centres of Expertise to manage job descriptions, evaluations, and reclassifications
- Acting as a change agent in efforts to create positive workplace culture, employee empowerment, accountability, continuous improvement, and ongoing learning.
- Influencing and guiding managers on the HR implications of business decisions and on all aspects of people-management and leadership. Driving programs and processes that facilitate change and optimize the contributions and engagement level of employees.
- Partnering with HR Centres of Expertise to meet the goals of the department and support the organization.
- Leveraging employee data (e.g. exit interviews, survey results, turnover analytics) to improve employee engagement, performance and retention.
- Building strong relationships with managers and employees to have a positive impact on work relationships, building morale, increasing employee commitment, engagement, productivity and retention.
- Responsible for providing advice and guidance to the hiring manager in conjunction with the Talent Acquisition Specialist (TAS), on assisting with special work arrangements (e.g., job sharing, modified work arrangements, etc.)
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Advising and guiding managers on issues regarding pay practices and policies.
- Proactively managing the identification and resolution of team-related issues.
- Providing support for employee/labour relations issues, including internal dispute resolution, policy/procedure interpretation, Collective Agreement interpretation, counselling and actively participating in the handling of complaints, grievances, investigations etc.
- Business data acumen is an asset
- You are empathetic and caring.
- In addition, you are a valuable collaborator, ethical and trusted coach.
- You are personable with strong communication and relationship building capabilities across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in organizational effectiveness and HR program design and delivery would be considered an asset
- We will consider applicants with equivalent education and experience
- CPHR designation is considered an asset
- Someone who can view issues objectively.
- 5-years’ experience influencing business outcomes in a Human Resources role
- You are a strategic thinker and problem solver.
- You can sense rising conflicts and take initiative to manage them effectively.
- Specialist level knowledge in employee/labour relations
- A university degree in a related field such as Business Administration or Commerce
Company: City of Regina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com