Website City of Mississauga
Under the general direction of the Councillor and functional guidance of the Councillor’s Executive Assistant the Administrative Assistant, Ward 10 will carry out the daily duties of the Council Office. Ensure the Councillor is relieved of all administrative details as it relates to the day-to-day running of the office.
- Updating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases, and data entry.
- Receive and respond to in-person, telephone and email inquiries from the public.
- Forward inquiries, which are not routine or general, to Executive Assistant for follow-up and action.
- Photocopying, opening and distributing mail, and other general clerical duties.
- Maintaining and updating the Councillor’s contact list.
- Assume primary responsibility for the review and distribution of all incoming mail, faxes, e-mails and telephone inquiries to appropriate staff member.
- Drafting correspondence on behalf of the Councillor (written/Dictaphone).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with elected official is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the mandate and structure of Council and its committees is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of various MS Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Post- secondary education with two to five years’ experience in an administrative related position is required.
- Knowledge of the City sufficient to obtain information in response to constituent questions and issues and to refer constituents.
Company: City of Mississauga
Job Category : Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com