Website City of Mississauga
Under the general direction of the Elected Official, the successful candidate will assume primary responsibility for supporting the Elected Official in the day to day management of general operations. The ideal candidate will be organized and enjoy dealing with constituents to investigate and resolve their concerns.
- Prepare and co-ordinate correspondence, speeches and presentation materials for the elected official.
- Research draft items for newsletter and consults with Communications for editing support.
- Ensure the elected official is prepared with the required briefing material for meetings of Council, Committees and other meetings.
- Review and analyze agendas for Council.
- Act as front line for media inquiries and prepares elected official for media follow-up.
- Review and monitor all incoming mail, electronic mail, correspondence and telephone messages and prepares daily summary for follow-up.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a senior administrative related position is required.
- Experience working in a political office is considered an asset.
- Special event organizational skills is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the municipal process/structure.
- Minimum Grade 12 education complemented by post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Ward 6 is considered an asset.
Company: City of Mississauga
Job Category : Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org