Website City Of Hamilton
Under the general supervision of the Water Distribution Supervisor, the Trenchless Technology Specialist coordinates, oversees and performs works, typically with a crew to inspect, install, repair, replace and maintain water mains, water services, valve chambers, hydrants and valves and other system appurtenances.
- Cut timber, install trench and shoring mechanisms including trench boxes.
- Arrange for job site restoration such as replacement of sod, topsoil, asphalt and concrete.
- Work during unfavorable environmental conditions and within public road allowances.
- Operate hydro excavator.
- Read and interpret blueprints, GIS and sketches of system showing location and configuration.
- Coordinates, oversees and performs temporary restorations such as asphalt and concrete driveways, sidewalk, curbs and roadway repairs
- Break pavement and sidewalks, hand-dig and back-fill excavation.
- Coordinates, oversees and performs work with a crew.
- Notifies public, businesses and contractors of water flushing and shutdowns
- Computer literacy and proficiency utilizing Microsoft products (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience working with asset management software (Hansen preferred).
- Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations including W.H.M.I.S. legislation.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to elected officials, subordinates, peers, superiors and the general public with tact and professionalism.
- Ability to operate all job-related tools and equipment in a safe manner (i.e. compressors, gas power equipment, etc.)
- Must possess above average organizational skills and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
Company: City Of Hamilton
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org