Website City Of Hamilton
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care to residents; directs and supervises nursing care given by Registered Practical Nurse and Personal Support Worker within an assigned unit. The Registered Nurse is required to plan, direct and coordinate all activities necessary for the management of the unit.
- Assume responsibility for the nursing care of the acutely ill residents.
- Assist the physician in diagnostic and therapeutic measures.
- Responsible for treatments as prescribed and supervision of R.P.N. staff assisting with treatments.
- Responsible for prescribed medication’s processing and checking incoming supplies. Responsible for Emergency Medication Box supplies.
- Supervise the medication administration by R.P.N. staff.
- Responsible for safekeeping of drug and narcotic keys and shift count in accordance with controlled drug policy.
- Participate in medication administration to residents.
- Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing.
- Demonstrated competency in completing computer documentation is required
- Demonstrated experience in Long Term Care with understanding of the Fixing Long Term Care Act is preferable, experience in geriatrics, or completion of a course in geriatric nursing is desirable.
- Experience in completing electronic documentation using PointClick Care would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with RAI – MDS is considered essential.
Company: City Of Hamilton
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com