Website City Of Hamilton
Reporting to the Manager of Development Planning, under the general supervision of the Senior Project Manager, administers and performs duties associated with the processing of development applications.
- Write reports, compose correspondence, compile statistics.
- Review and comment on proposed development, plans, policies, studies and legislation.
- Conduct special studies, collect and analyze data; formulate conclusion, make recommendation.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Assist in preparing work program; monitor progress.
- Record and update neighbourhood and area plans and amendments.
- Interpret legislation such as Planning Act as well as the Heritage Act.
- Member or eligible for membership with the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians.
- Municipal Planning experience an asset.
- Ability to express ideas effectively, verbally and in writing and able to establish and maintain effective working relations as necessitated by work assignments.
- Experience in a computerized environment. Working knowledge of Word, Access and Excel. Working knowledge of AMANDA would be an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the development approval process.
Company: City Of Hamilton
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org