Website Sherwood Park, Alberta, CA
The Human Resources Division of the Edmonton Police Service (EPS) requires one (1) Business Analyst who is self-motivated and organized with exceptional strategic business analysis, communication and interpersonal skills. These skills will be used in the development and implementation of the new suite of Enterprise Commons (SAP SuccessFactors) software.
- Organize and facilitate meetings and/or workshop sessions with stakeholders.
- Providing expert enterprise analysis and business process transformation capabilities to identify requirements and define solutions.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- Prepare project documentation such as business cases, request for proposal (RFP), decision requests (DR), change requests (CCR), vision/scope, project investment requests, briefing notes, business analysis plans, etc.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the relevant policies/procedures, Collective Agreements, legislation, guidelines, and standards.
- Author, review and assist in the creation of deliverables such as business requirements, conceptual prototyped designs, process models (swim-lane), functional specifications, detailed designs, user guides, support tools, user documentation and user training in support of EC systems and processes using a variety of techniques and methods as defined in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- Ability to conduct tests and log required defects in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing for all EC HR modules.
- Develop and improve upon existing test scenarios scripts for System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Provide an enterprise-wide view of all Human Resources related Enterprise Commons (EC) initiatives, investigate solutions, apply business acumen and develop quality deliverables to support business decisions.
- Acting as the EPS liaison to City of Edmonton, Edmonton Public Library and external Consultants.
- Advising business areas on the application of information technology solutions, for the purposes of identifying areas that could be refined or streamlined to create efficiency.
- Assistance to identify gaps in future processes and assistance developing resolutions.
- Training in IT strategy design from a post-secondary institution is an asset.
- Proficiency with various Google applications and work collaboration/management tools (Smartsheet).
- As part of your pre-hire screening you will be required to complete an Enhanced Security Clearance. Should you accept employment with the
- Edmonton Police Service you acknowledge and agree to participate in future Enhanced Security Re-Clearances at scheduled intervals or in any other circumstances, exigent or otherwise, as required by Human Resources Division.
- Professional Designation in Business Analysis (CCBA, CBAP, PMI-PBA) from the IIBA or PMI is an asset.
- Strong collaboration skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience specializing in Business Analysis including project experience in SAP implementations and robust, enterprise scale applications or initiatives. Including experience in information technology development and/or Human Resources/information technology consulting.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written skills with a strong focus on customer service.
- Graduate from a recognized Institute of Technology or University degree program in an appropriate specialty such as computer science or related field.
- Experience using PeopleSoft, Org Plus, CARM or other similar automated Payroll Information Systems to deliver payroll, benefits, and/or
- human resource services is an asset.
- Experience working in a policing/paramilitary organization, particularly in the area of enterprise level project planning is a significant asset.
- Proficiency with various Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft 365).
- Applicants may be required to undergo a knowledge or skills assessment test.
Company: City of Edmonton Jobs
Job Category: City And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sherwood Park, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org