Website City of Calgary
As a Leader in Economic Analysis, you will be expected to foster an inclusive leadership approach that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion, as well as psychological and physical safety. As a key decision-maker, you will empower and guide your team by applying political acumen and balancing strategic and operational leadership. Primary duties include:
- Lead a team of subject matter experts across different specializations, including real estate economics; prices, pricing structures and monetary policy economics, public finance and fiscal policy economics; Alberta and energy market economics; and Calgary region economics.
- Provide staff direction and support, including annual work planning for the section, individual performance management, staff development, and succession planning.
- Review and recommend amendments to analytical work developed by team members to support ELT and Council decisions.
- Supervise and deliver semi-annual forecasts through the Spring and Fall Economic Outlook publications.
- Present to City Council the economic prospects for The City to kickstart the annual adjustments, mid-cycle adjustments and four-year service plans and budget cycle work.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and make decisions in a work environment requiring teamwork and organizational sensitivity.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and engagement skills are required.
- Success in this position requires the following demonstrated competencies: specialization in undertaking quantitative analysis and plain language reporting on the results; well-developed analytical abilities to deal with unstructured problems; a high level of anticipation of the impacts of external events and policies; well-developed judgment and expertise in evaluating the economic consequences of political and administrative actions and policy prescriptions; creativity, professional integrity, and strong communication and public presentation skills.
- A graduate degree in economics or a related field, combined with at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- Formal or informal supervisory or leadership experience would be an asset.
- Public sector experience, particularly municipal government experience in a large, multi-union environment, is a preferred asset.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com