Website City of Calgary
As the Facility Energy and Climate Analyst (FECA) you will assist Facility Management in achieving our goals related to improving energy performance, decreasing green house gas emissions, and ensuring the portfolio of City facilities is resilient to a changing climate. Primarily, you will be responsible for assessing and reporting the technical performance of facility infrastructure against measures related to energy consumption and efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions, and resiliency to the effects of climate change. You will liaise with operational and strategic stakeholders such as Facility Planners, Facility Operators and corporate energy and climate subject matter experts (SME). As the FECA you will be responsible for conducting and reviewing Energy Audit Reports and other technical documents, reviewing performance metrics, analyzing and consolidating the information and writing reports about the performance of each facility. The purpose of these reports is for capital lifecycle investment planning, long range facility portfolio planning, detailed project planning and corporate reporting. The FECA will also be involved with analyzing and recommending potential investments to improve the performance of the buildings.
- Prepare facility climate and energy specific asset management processes, procedures, and best common practices in alignment with FM Asset Management Framework.
- Using an evidence-based approach prepare, plan, and prioritize energy and climate related investments for Facility Management’s (FM’s) various capital and operational programs. This includes portfolio wide prioritization and individual building asset management plans with a specialized focus on energy and climate.
- Develop return on investment (ROI) including impacts on FM’s carbon budget to validate and inform investment recommendations.
- Participate in infrastructure Joint Planning, asset Management Planning, Corporate Facility Portfolio Planning, and other planning exercises as an FM Climate and Energy technical SME.
- Conduct and coordinate Energy Audit Reports, Climate Resiliency Assessments, Net-Zero carbon building assessments and other related energy or climate reports utilizing external consultants or internal resources.
- Analyze and consolidate the findings and prepare reports for planning and investments. Monitor performance measures and screening information collected through assessments related to the energy or climate performance of buildings and trend performance over time including the effectiveness of investments in reduction measures.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Knowledge of data query techniques and tools would be considered an asset.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- A completed 2 year diploma in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience related to facility energy and climate performance OR;
- A degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field with at least 3 years of experience related to facility energy and climate performance.
- Success in this position requires demonstrated strategic thinking, adaptability, analytical, and project management skills.
- Prior experience working with Maintenance or Asset Management data systems (such as InforEAM or PowerPlan) would be considered an asset.
- Intermediate experience using Microsoft Office products such as Word and PowerPoint, and expert experience using Excel would be considered an asset.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org