Website City of Calgary
As part of the Corporate Planning & Performance Business Unit you will lead The City’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program, leveraging it to improve service value for citizens and advance our One City, One Voice culture. You will further develop the program, accelerating its maturity and continue to grow a risk-aware culture. You will enhance partnerships and continue building a risk management network across The City, strengthening alignment between related functions, and use your expertise to increase consistency and coherence. You will lead the implementation of The City’s corporate framework and guidelines for risk identification, assessment, and treatment, and ensure appropriate support and training is available to risk owners and their teams. You will oversee the reporting on The City’s Principal Corporate Risks to senior executives and the Audit Committee of Council, and work to ensure risk is an integral component of decision-making at every level. You will also steward and apply The City’s Integrated Risk Management Policy. Primary duties include:
- Evaluate and continually improve the team’s approach to ensure its ongoing effectiveness, bringing innovative thinking applying the latest ERM advances.
- Contribute to the overall direction and coordination of the Business Unit as part of the leadership team.
- Coordinate contributions from every part of the organization, using consensus-based decision-making to ensure the achievement of key deliverables.
- Lead, develop, and supervise a team of professional staff.
Work closely with senior leaders including General Managers and Directors to ensure risks are identified, assessed and well-managed throughout the organization.
- Professional designations or certification in risk management such as CRM or RIMS-CRMP will be an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience in preparing, or overseeing the preparation of, high quality reports and presentations for senior executives and/or the public is required.
- A graduate degree and at least 10 years of progressive, relevant experience, including formal leadership and supervisory experience.
- Extensive management experience in dynamic, fast-paced environments and an understanding of the complexities involved in public sector decision-making is essential.
- A strong understanding and technical knowledge of ERM processes, governance, standards, and frameworks (for example COSO, ISO) is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an established record of collaboration across diverse stakeholders.
- Success in this position requires strategic, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
Company: City of Calgary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org