Website City of Barrie
The Infrastructure Department is comprised of five Branches, including three Design and Construction Branches, the Wastewater Operations Branch, and the Water Operations Branch. Key responsibilities include the operation and maintenance of the City’s environmental infrastructure and systems including water supply, treatment, and distribution; wastewater collection and treatment; and the design and construction of the City’s infrastructure including treatment plants, pump stations, roads, sewers, watermains, sidewalks, stormwater management ponds, water towers and reservoirs, etc.
- Specifically, this position prepares the design as contract documents to be tendered and awarded to a construction contractor.
- Under the general guidance and direction of the Engineering Project Manager and subject to the design approval of professional engineering staff, the Project Technician undertakes, coordinates and manages the engineering design of City of Barrie Capital Infrastructure.
- Overall, this position plays an integral role in managing assigned projects to ensure they are delivered on scope, on schedule and within budget in accordance with City standards
- Exercise discretion and judgment in order to make sound decision under tight timelines or while managing multiple or conflicting priorities
- Two (2) years of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities
perform in a manner which is consistent with corporate goals, vision, mission, and values
- Interact effectively and courteously with all levels of staff and contacts in a political and community/client service environment
- Intermediate computer literacy using the following systems and software: AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Intermediate skills include: Analytical; Interpersonal; Organizational; Presentation; Prioritization; Problem Solving; Project Management;
- Report-writing; Time Management; Written Communication
- Two (2) year College Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician or related discipline
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain Certified Technician (C. Tech.) Designation from the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians (OACETT)
- General knowledge of the following legislation, regulations, or requirements: Drainage Act; Environmental Assessment Act; Fisheries Act;
- Highway Traffic Act; Local Improvement Act; Municipal Act; Occupational Health and Safety Act; Ontario Building Code; Ontario Safe Drinking
- Water Act; Ontario Clean Water Act; Ontario Water Resources Act; Public Service Works on Highways Act; Lake Simcoe Protection Act;
- Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) Design Manuals; Ministry of Transportation (MTO) Drainage Manuals; OPSD
- Manuals; OPSS Manuals; General Surveying Principles; Other applicable engineering and safety related legislation, regulations and guidelines
- Working knowledge of the following principles and standards: engineering design and construction standards and principles related to
- municipal infrastructure.
- Interpret and analyze data; identify challenges or opportunities; and make recommendations
Company: City of Barrie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com