Website City of Barrie
The Finance Department provides financial leadership, advice and support to the Corporation and assists with the delivery of Council’s Strategic plan through its four essential services: accounting services, corporate finance, procurement and revenue management. The department’s main deliverables include the audited financial statements, coordinating the annual business plan and budget, treasury and debt management, procurement administration and support, property tax revenue management, and water and wastewater revenue management.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the assessment roll for taxation purposes, this position will advise on all assessment related matters including assessment at risk and potential assessment gains or losses
- Providing expertise in assessment base management and all assessment related matters, this position will assist in the protection and enhancement of the property tax assessment base through detailed research and analysis to maximize revenues.
- This position will work closely with many departments and stakeholders, providing assistance and advice in the determination of assessments and taxation for all properties within the city limits.
- Two (2) year College Diploma in Accounting or Business
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain Municipal Tax Administration Program (MTAP) from the Ontario Municipal Tax and Revenue Association (OMTRA)
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain Member Institute of Municipal Assessors (MIMA) Designation from the Institute of Municipal Assessors (IMA)
- Demonstrated experience in a property tax and/or assessment environment including three (3) years of experience in a customer service work environment
- Intermediate skills include: Analytical; Attention to Detail; Customer Service; Interpersonal; Organizational; Problem Solving; Verbal
- Communication; Written Communication
- Intermediate computer literacy using the following systems and software: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word), tax billing software, Provincial and MPAC Systems
- General knowledge of the following principles and standards: accounting principles and practices, aptitude for business math
use of general office equipment and standard office software
- Five (5) years of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities
- Eligibility for and willingness to obtain Municipal Administration Program (MAP) from the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario (AMCTO) acquired
Company: City of Barrie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org