Website City of Barrie
The Legislative and Court Services Department is comprised of three branches; Legislative Services (which includes Council Secretariat, Corporate Mail and Print Services, Vital Statistics and Access and Privacy Services), Court Services (which is responsible for the administration of justice within two court service areas in compliance with the Provincial Offences Act, the Memorandum of Understanding and Inter-municipal Service Agreements) and Enforcement Services which is responsible for administering and enforcing several municipal by-laws including but not limited to regulations related to the parking of vehicles, pet controls, property maintenance, business licensing, and sign placement).
- Additionally, this position develops and oversees the implementation of, and monitors RIM projects aimed at introducing best practices to limit liability and risk to support the overall RIM program, systems, and services. Lastly, this position is responsible for supervising and overseeing the City’s compliance with the legislative requirements under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. (Act), which involves the management of requests and appeals under the Act and the development of an access and privacy framework, access and privacy policies.
- Overall, this position plays an integral role in supervising and overseeing the development, implementation, administration, and management of information resources, access to information and the protection of privacy.
- Specifically, this position supervises and oversees the management of active/inactive records, electronic information, art and artifacts, vital records and disaster recovery, and retention scheduling.
- Under the general guidance and direction of the Deputy City Clerk, the Supervisor of Information Management and Privacy is responsible for supervising and overseeing the development, implementation, administration, and maintenance of the City’s Records and Information
- Management (RIM) program, systems, and services and the Access and Privacy Program.
- Technical, industry, and professional records and information management standards
- Vital Statistics Act
- Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Working knowledge of the following legislation, regulations, and acts:
- Methods of storing both structured and unstructured data
- Records and information management systems and archives
- Two (2) years of experience working with, applying, and interpreting the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Occupational Health and Safety Act
- ISO standards for record keeping
- Records, information management, and privacy and access principles, programs, services, and best practices
- Two (2) years leadership/supervisory experience
- Four (4) years of experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities, including:
Company: City of Barrie
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org