Website CIBC Bank
As a Senior Consultant, you will join CIBC’s Enterprise-wide Compliance (EWC), Policy and Reporting team. Reporting to the Senior Director, EWC, you will primarily support the Compliance Department in managing and executing strategic initiatives overseen by EWC. Additionally, the Senior Consultant will support developing and communicating compliance policies, standards, guidelines and methodologies, conducting research and developing recommendations concerning emerging compliance industry practices. You will contribute to the design and production of reports to senior management and support the Senior Director and EWC.
- Thought Leadership – Conduct research, review industry-wide best practices and standards to enhance EWC programs and develop best practices and recommendations concerning EWC programs that may be adopted at CIBC. Develop and analyze metrics governing EWC programs and incorporate into regular and periodic reporting.
- Strategic Initiatives – You will manage and execute strategic initiatives overseen by EWC, working collaboratively with Compliance team members to achieve the objectives of these initiatives.
- Regulatory Oversight – You will analyze new and pending laws, regulations and industry commitments that affect EWC’s areas of responsibility.
- You will ensure that relevant issues and organizational risks are identified and raised for consideration by management, in the formulation and revision of policies and procedures, training, reporting and communications.
- Industry Knowledge: Actively participate in Compliance industry associations and developing and maintaining relationships with peers within CIBC and at comparable financial institutions in order to stay abreast of industry developments that may inform EWC related policies.
- Enterprise-wide Compliance Oversight – You will assist in the preparation of Compliance owned policies and programs including, but not limited to, the Regulatory Compliance Management Policy, Anti-Bribery/Anti-Corruption Policy and Outside Business Activity approval process.
- You will act as a subject matter expert responding to questions from, and providing advice to, other Compliance groups and CIBC employees regarding the application of Compliance-owned policies.
- Reporting – You will assist in the development of reporting to CIBC senior management and the Board of Directors. You will work closely with teams across Compliance on joint reporting on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- You act like an owner. You thrive when you’re empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
- Your influence makes an impact. You know that relationships and networks are essential to success.
- You inspire outcomes by making yourself heard.
- You’re driven by collective success. You know that collaboration can transform a good idea into a great one.
- You understand the power of an inclusive team that enjoys working together to bring a shared vision to life.
- You can demonstrate experience in project management, audit, internal control, reporting, legal or compliance functions of a financial institution (FI), and you have good knowledge of the business and regulatory environment applicable to FIs, particularly with respect to regulatory compliance.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and possess strong problem-solving skills necessary to develop creative solutions for complex problems. It is an asset if you have knowledge of project management, regulatory/compliance policies, procedures and methodologies.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
Company: CIBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org