Website Canadian Accredited Independent Schools - CAIS
Fulfill your vision as an education assistant by joining this dynamic school community with motivated students, inspirational colleagues and supportive parents, along with abundant resources and enriching professional development opportunities.
- Work in collaboration with classroom teachers and Student Services members to organize enriching programs.
- Support individual and small groups of learners who require additional attention to navigate the school day (e.g. in areas including social, emotional, executive functioning and academic support).
- Assist individual students as outlined in an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Behavioral support plan (BSP) following guidance from classroom teacher and learning resource teacher.
- Work in collaboration with teachers to organize support and strategies in response to individual student needs
- Provide clear and detailed documentation of student progress and behaviour as a means to determine triggers, patterns and effective interventions.
- Be part of regular meetings about student learning with the full team of educators.
- Support the creation of a inquiry-based learning environment.
- Supervise students during transitions, at lunch and at play outside.
- Support school events.
- Education Assistant Certificate/Diploma or equivalent is required.
- 1 – 3 years previous experience working with young students in an educational setting.
- Experience supporting a range of learning needs informed by research and best practice in an inclusive classroom setting (e.g. ADHD, ASD, OCD, sensory and regulation needs).
- Knowledge and/or experience working with students with hearing needs an asset.
- Experience documenting student behavior and progress.
Job Catego0ry: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org