Website Brampton Transit
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Zoning and Sign By-law Services, reviews sign permits to ensure compliance with the Ontario Building Code and the City of Brampton Sign By-law.
- Provide guidance to business owners/contractors, as required, on achieving compliance with the Sign By-law and obtaining approval of applicable laws.
- Participate in Sign By-Law cross-functional team and special projects under the direction of the Supervisor, Zoning and Sign By-law Services.
- Respond to various email, counter and telephone enquiries providing Sign By-law interpretation and availability of proposed mobile sign locations.
- Monitor portfolio of inactive permit applications for cancellation in accordance with the Sign By-law and the Ontario Building Code.
- Maintain an accurate electronic inventory of approved mobile sign locations on mapping system
Self regulate daily workload based on Ontario Building Code stipulated timelines and number of online applications submitted.
- Performs calculations for the determination of sign/wall area and percentage, construction value and permit fees.
- Assist the Manager and Supervisor performing research and preparation of reports for applications for amendments to the Sign By-law.
- Perform comprehensive review of permanent and temporary sign applications to ensure plans comply with the Ontario Building Code and Sign By-law.
- Liaise with Inspectors and By-law Enforcement Officers on Building Code and Sign By-Law enforcement queries.
- Provide input and participate in the development and improvement of technical guidelines, policies and procedures and Sign By-law amendments.
- Performs additional similar and related duties as assigned.
- Perform comprehensive review of online mobile sign applications. Verify completeness of applications, ensure plans comply with the Sign By-law, add electronic comments and markups as required, scrutinize administrative documents provided and compile approval documents for permit issuance via email.
Provide guidance and training to new employees and oversee, assign and verify completeness, compliance with the Ontario Building Code and Sign By-law.
- Assist the Supervisor, providing comments on signage proposed for new development projects subject to site plan approval.
- Issue deficiency letters to permit applicants via email and recommend solutions where corrective action is required.
- Provides preliminary plan assessment over the counter for the determination of the adequacy of technical and administrative documentation, compliance with the sign by-law and extent of other “applicable law” related to permit issuance.
- Successful completion of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations for Legal Processes and Small Buildings.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of over two and up to three years in
- Architectural Technology, Engineering Technology (Technician level) or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Over one (1) year, up to and including two (2) years experience in a regulatory environment or direct experience in the construction or design.
- Successful completion of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing Provincial qualification examinations for Building Structural is an asset.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
Company: Brampton Transit
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org