Working as part of the CTV Morning Live team, the News Writer is responsible for assisting in the preparation and presentation of newscasts for television broadcast. This includes origination of story ideas, research, interviewing, book guests and writing news/sports/entertainment stories.
- They are also responsible for writing copy for newscasts and web content to enhance our broadcast product.
- The News Writer will also operate autocue during live news shows.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to work independently and focus on details
- Graduate of a University or College Broadcast/Journalism program or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with writing news for television broadcast and iNews are a must
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- University/Postgraduate degree preferred
- Desire to constantly learn and develop technical skillsStrong organizational skills
- Creative flare for developing visually appealing, interesting and informative television
- 3+ years experience managing large complex accounts in Telecommunications or ICT industry
- Demonstrated business development to acquire new opportunities and leadership and experience influencing key decision-makers
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong writing and investigative skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team centred environment
Job Category: Telecom
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Quebec City, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com