Website BC Public Service
The role and work of the Ecosystems Section in the Cariboo Region of the Ministry of Land, Water and Resource Stewardship is to conserve and manage native species and ecosystems. The work involves a broad range of subject areas and functions including collecting and managing information on species habitat and ecosystems, species at risk, habitat conservation, management and restoration, and developing and implementing standards and guidelines related to these areas.
The Senior Project Biologist will lead and coordinate the integration of ecosystem management into large or major projects such as those undergoing Environmental Assessments as well as other regional initiatives.
- Experience assessing and monitoring natural resources.
- Experience managing and/ or leading complex and sensitive natural resource management issues/projects related to ecosystems in a team environment.
- Experience providing scientific and regulatory advice related to ecosystems to biologists, technicians, decision-makers and other agencies regarding biological impacts as a result of resource development.
- Experience in negotiating/mediating solutions in natural resource management with external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or related field AND a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Registered (or eligible) as a Registered Professional Biologist (RP Bio) in B.C. with the College of Applied Biology within six months of employment. Note: Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to immediately transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction to the appropriate association.
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or related field AND a minimum of 1 year of related experience; OR,
- Master’s Degree in biological sciences or related field AND a minimum of 3 years of related experience; OR,
Company: BC Public Service
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com