Website BC Public Service
The Communications Director reports to the Assistant Deputy Minister, Communications Operations. This position, accountable to both the Deputy Minister of GCPE and to their assigned Minister, is the principal communications contact with the Minister’s Office and is accountable for strategic communications planning and management; external communications and issues management; media relations; staff supervision and direction; and partner communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field such as journalism, public relations, political science, writing, English, marketing or a communications-related discipline AND 5 years or more related work experience in progressively more responsible communications positions.
- Experience leading communications teams.
- Experience with issues management.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience in professional writing/communications product development, (e.g.engagement and communication plans, new releases, backgrounders; speech writing; web content etc.).
- Experience in partner engagement and media or public relations.
- Experience in communications strategy planning, development and implementation.
- Experience leading and resolving complex staff and/or client issues.
- Experience in a wide range of communications shops.
Company: BC Public Service
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org