Website BC Hydro
Manages approximately 20 Express Connect employees. Provides coaching to work leaders to solve people or team issues within the team and fosters a culture of cooperation among ECCs. Creates conditions to enable the team to perform at its best.
- Analyzes province wide performance data and EC workload, develops options and strategies to maximize productivity and performance and provides leadership in delivering the strategy.
- Investigates and analyses challenging problems which may be unique to BC Hydro, evaluates risks and applies innovative solutions.
- Prepares plans and budgets for process improvement initiatives.
- Maintains employee engagement plan by incorporating employee feedback into plan and identifying priority items to address.
- Establishes and effectively communicates performance expectations to the ECCs. Conducts regular performance reviews and provides ongoing feedback. Also provides instruction, advice, and technical leadership to the provincial EC team.
- Establishes and monitors the regional safety, business plan and work plans; establishes and monitors operational procedures, policies and priorities.
- Provides expertise from a business process and information management perspective regarding EC and its service to customers.
- Builds and maintains relationships with Design, Field Operations, Customer Build, PCM, AIM, Customer Service, and other lines of business to ensure ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery of EC services to the customer.
- Manages process improvement projects and the implementation of new IT systems to improve Express Connect (EC) operations efficiency. Initiates contacts with EC work leaders to exchange best practices and to build and incorporate them province wide.
- Leads the identification, evaluation and implementation of opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the EC processes and systems, incorporating benchmarking initiatives, changing market drivers, associated investment, risk, customer feedback, new industry trends and leading edge technology.
- Resolves customer complaints in a professional manner keeping BC Hydro values in mind.
- Assesses and provides solutions to emerging issues which could have a significant impact on the operation and performance of Express Connect.
- Develops and analyzes operational metrics for management dashboard reporting to provide visibility to EC performance and expose opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Writes and presents plans, business cases, briefs, reports, and other documents for management, as well as for internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, relationship management, communication, consultative, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to foster a positive, productive, and safe working environment for BC Hydro employees, consultants, and contractors.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing teams.
- Working knowledge of financial, human resources, and labor relations processes. Working knowledge of the MoveUp Collective Agreement is a strong asset.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate strong and comprehensive knowledge of the planning, design, construction and operation of utility distribution systems. Preference will be given to candidates with previous BC Hydro management experience.
- Ability to establish a high level of rapport with management and employees; provide leadership in determining appropriate courses of action; and provide strategic business direction to drive continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and understanding of the BC Hydro distribution system; of tariffs, policies and practices for providing electric service to customers; of relevant safety policies.
- University degree or Technical/Business School Diploma or trades qualification or a Professional designation in a Technical or Business discipline. Relevant and applicable work experience can be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Ability to establish a high level rapport with customers, developers, other utilities, government agencies, external service providers in order to represent Express Connect in the resolution of issues.
Company: BC Hydro
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Prince George, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org