Website BC Hydro
As a member of the Tariffs and Rate Design Team within the Regulatory and Rates Group, this role is responsible for the planning, development, drafting, filing and management of tariffs and rate design related to regulatory proceedings with the BC Utilities Commission.
- This position requires an understanding of electric utility systems, BC Hydro’s services, customers, the evolving utilities industry and regulatory context and exceptional writing skills to author, edit and defend well structured, researched, and persuasive applications to the BCUC to advance BC Hydro’s strategic objectives through to regulatory approval.
- Duties will include supporting multi-disciplinary teams by providing regulatory advice and managing the development of applications including persuasive strategies and structure and representing the company’s interests in regulatory proceedings with external stakeholders and regulators.
- This includes, but is not limited to, updates to BC Hydro’s default distribution rate structures to advance our rate design objectives and the development of optional distribution rates to reduce costs and provide customers with choices, as well as the management of distribution-related matters for BC Hydro’s Electric Tariff including the development of proposed revisions to the Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Excellent writing skills – ability to distill complex issues, understands diverse audience needs and write briefing materials, applications, and other regulatory documents to effectively communicate regulatory proposals to internal / external stakeholders and interveners as well as senior leadership.
- The ability to understand and integrate a broad range of internal and external perspectives to identify options in order to advance BC Hydro’s strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including experience preparing and delivering effective and persuasive presentations to diverse audiences to obtain feedback and / or approval on strategic initiatives.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of utility experience with exposure to a range of business and management functions such as finance, energy marketing, strategic planning, operations, customer service, communications, compliance, and participation in regulatory or strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management capabilities, including with longer-term, complex projects or initiatives. Knowledge and understanding of BC Hydro’s regulatory framework, rate design principles and practices, BC Hydro’s Electric Tariff and / or rate design issues impacting BC Hydro’s business is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (e.g., Business, Economics, Engineering, Communications, Finance, or other related discipline).
- Demonstrated research skills and analytical capabilities. In particular, strong analytical and quantitative analysis capabilities with Microsoft Excel would be an asset.
Company: BC Hydro
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org