Performs assignments in several of the following manufacturing engineering functions: Design for Testabiity – Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are being tested in a logical and cost effective manner incorporating FMEA, product design targets using the Engineering Requirements Specification (ERS). Product Life Cycle Engineering – Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life. Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis. Test Process Engineering – Designs and develops technically test processes to improve quality and efficiency. Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified leveraging integration with factory data systems and shop floor systems Failure/Data Analysis – Plans, develops and implements procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products. Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for test or tester design changes. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and developments and incorporates them in appropriate assignments Provide direction and mentorship to third party vendors/automation suppliers and/or CM’s; be the technical leader and driver on owned projects; serve as a technical resource to other engineering groups and project leaders Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with tester suppliers and contract manufacturers Prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis.
- 2+ years of work experience in any of assembly, inspection, test station design, test development, maintaineance and / or automation equipment
- Able to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline, preferably Electrical Engineering.
- Required to understand, plan development builds and mass production with factories worldwide.
- Experienced in working with cross functional teams such as hardware design, system teams, capital equipment, quality and process engineering
- Knowledgeable in crafting tester qualification requirements including calibration, correlation, capability, repeatability and reproducibility, design of experiments and failure analysis
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waterloo, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org