Website Apotex Inc.
This position is responsible to ensure an uninterrupted supply of materials or services to meet internal and external customer requirements, in accordance with Global Quality policies. This role is responsible for managing the day- to-day supplier issues and relationships from an operational and tactical perspective. This is demonstrated through ownership and personal accountability for overall performance of assigned categories
- Participate in and be able to lead and influence Provides recommendations and alternatives required to influence the decision making process
- Participate in the supplier qualification process
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion
- Maintain and establish internal working procedures with other divisions and interfaces
- Identify and suggest suitable, long term supply partners by considering the requirements of the different target markets in terms of pricing, quality related matters, delivery performance and regulatory compliance
- Constantly driving negotiations and discussions with suppliers in order to achieve cost savings as per predefined Negotiated API, Excipient and Capsules prices. Manage relevant communication with suppliers. Identifying stretch saving opportunities
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes
- Cooperate with business, stakeholders, R&D, SCM and other internal relevant functions to ensure proper hand over of projects between the R&D and commercial, new launches, tech transfers functions in order to ensure right coordination and alignment between the teams and implementation of strategy
- All other duties as assigned
- Train/provide guidance to the more junior team members
- Reconcile and resolve any supplier invoicing issues in conjunction with Apotex Accounts Payable
- Primarily manage the end to end process for the procurement of API, Excipients, capsules and key starting materials for commercial products and new sourcing projects and alternate sourcing for commercial projects with internal stakeholders and external supply partners based in RoW region (NA/EU).
- Market and Business intelligence – provide supporting information to Global Sourcing and Procurement units/hubs
- Responsible to ensure that all purchases meet or exceed quality Work closely with Apotex internal teams and Suppliers in the prompt resolution
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and Environment policies, and HR policies
- Communicates effectively across functions and with different levels of the business
- Monitor and report supplier performance issues including on-time delivery and quality and escalate any unresolved issues or concerns to the supervisor or manager
- Prepare and maintain reports as required to support the procurement function, operations, and key performance metrics
- Work with other parts of the business to gain an understanding of operational requirements. This role leverages cross functional relationships to achieve alignment between material/service requirements and business needs
- Initiate agreements, CDA’s, review and approval process according to guidelines
- Experience in the chemical or pharmaceutical industry is required for this role
- Must possess the ability to provide solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Ideally 3-5 years of experience in API Sourcing and Procurement in Pharma industry
- Graduate/ Postgraduate/ Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical
- Independent, but a team player. Should have leadership skills. Strong interpersonal, effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Multi-tasking with sense of speed. Organized, with attention to details. Change adaptability and service oriented; ability to work independently and manage priorities.
Company: Apotex Inc.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com