Website Apotex Inc.
As the Calibration Chemist you will be responsible for the calibration, preventative maintenance, repair, decommission and qualification of laboratory instrumentation including but not limited to HPLC, Dissolution Apparatus, Balances, and UV/VIS Spectrophotometers.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative standards for calibration.
- Perform housekeeping tasks as assigned (chemical inventory, filing, etc.) and perform Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) self-audit with your peers.
- Perform basic repairs of laboratory instrumentation through utilization of skills and technique developed during preventative maintenance.
- Review calibration, preventative/corrective maintenance and qualification data in accordance with SOP, cGMP, GLP and regulatory guidelines.
- Identify and address all potential Health and Safety hazards in a timely manner while maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Ensure documentation for all activities are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interprets and documents results, calculations and observations associated with job responsibilities in a compliant fashion.
- Maintain and organize individual/department parts inventory to ensure efficient completion of laboratory instrumentation maintenance and repair.
- Participate in decommissioning and relocation of lab equipment.
- Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and regulatory requirements to produce accurate and compliant results.
- Perform cleaning, inspection and preventative maintenance in addition to calibration and qualification of laboratory instrumentation.
- Monitor and proactively keep all parties aware of the status of the active projects at all stages.
- Proven mechanical aptitude, problem solving and instrument troubleshooting skills.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel, Word, other Microsoft office programs, and laboratory software packages, where appropriate.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant lab work experience.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Proven organization and time management skills.
- University degree or College diploma in Chemistry or related field.
Company: Apotex Inc.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org