Website Air Canada
The Head of Workforce Planning implements all staffing processes and manages, coordinates and monitors various activities and processes, with a view to ensuring excellence in safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Effectively plan and delegate the day-to-day tasks of unionized Air Canada Cargo staff.
- Modify the number of employees based on operational changes.
- Produce reports and liaise with the Operations team to proactively suggest ways to reduce costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve staffing issues using a results-based approach.
- Optimize utilization across the operation through strategic staffing recommendations and decisions.
- Manage and resolve employee issues that are escalated by Workforce Planning Coordinators.
- Proactively review and understand the role of staffing to provide valuable insight into trends, forecasts and opportunities for improvement, as well as identify concerns.
- Lead local initiatives, as appropriate, to improve processes and performance standards within the Resources department.
- Lead the Coordinators – Workforce Planning to ensure effective staffing to ensure operational safety, a satisfying work environment and better customer service for Air Canada Cargo – YVR.
- Play an influential role in instilling a sense of responsibility in employees so that they feel free to use their judgment and experience to make good decisions.
- Understand how to produce operational reports and provide interpretations and analysis.
- Excellent skills for interpersonal relations
- Excellent dispositions for problem solving; ability to apply original solutions that will have a positive impact on results
- Proven ability to work under pressure and manage stressful situations, and ability to maintain a flexible attitude
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to situations and seize opportunities
- Good computer knowledge
- Operating experience an asset
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ease of influencing, convincing and developing mutually acceptable solutions in the event of conflicts
Company: Air Canada
Job Category: Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com