Website Air Canada
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Ensure adherence to the engagement standards, effective utilization of staff, support of ancillary tasks and training campaigns i.e. ADL / PSS sustainment etc.
- Ensure sufficient audits are performed to support frontline accountability, reassignments and safety SOP compliance
- Lead the Manpower deployment team to ensure staffing plans are aligned from an advance and day-of perspective.
- Control station manpower adjustments on a daily basis as required by changes to the flight schedule and day-of operational requirements / IROPS
- Act as a focal point of contact day-of to lead manpower deployment teams, inclusive of both UNIFOR and IAMAW workgroups and collaboratively work alongside counterparts in STOC, AIRSIDE OPS, Baggage & CNX as well as In-Terminal Ops.
- Interact with key stakeholders i.e. other operational branches in developing and implementing deployment strategies, risk strategies, mitigation plans etc.
- Oversee station manpower requirements day-of and ensure necessary adjustments, reassignments, and cross-deployment is performed to ensure overtime is minimized and undertime is captured
- Strong ability to engage in conflict resolution and an ability to foster positive working relationships with unions, front-line employees, operational departments and 3rd party. i.e. (GTAA, CATSA, USCBP etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (Written & verbal)
- Ability to translate business strategy into plans, directions and objectives
- Recognized leader with +3 years in a leadership role
- Understanding of Labour unions and Collective Agreement (beneficial)
- Financial acumen, ability to recognize and identify opportunities to increase revenue
- Familiarity with “Employee self-serve, Staff Manager, Staff Admin, MS Excel” is essential
- Strong commitment to teamwork and developing others
Company: Air Canada
Job Category: Airline
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org