Website Alberta Health Services
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will provide clinical professional practice both independently and as a part of a collaborative team, which may include external partners. You will be responsible for providing prevention, health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management. You will participate in planning, coordination and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with patients/clients, families, healthcare professionals and other partners. Your leadership and interpersonal skills will aide you in supervising students and providing clinical guidance to other staff as appropriate. You will use your clinical expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development.
- Time management and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to function effectively within a dynamic, fast-paced, multidisciplinary environment.
- Self-direction, independent problem solving and decision-making, sound clinical judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Create innovative solutions for complex and diverse issues.
- Experience with working with children with ASD is an asset.
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with the Values of AHS: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, and Safety. Practice according to clinical practice standards.
- Actively integrate patient and family-centred care principles in all areas of practice including clinical decision-making and effective communication.
- Experience working with Therapist Assistants.
- Recent (within the last 2 years) experience working with a pediatric population.
- Experience in Program Development.
- Experience with pediatric eating, feeding, and swallowing disorders.
- Experience supervising students.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with members of the multidisciplinary team including families.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Airdrie, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org