Website Alberta Health Services
As a Stores I, you will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks associated with the picking, packaging, shipping and receiving of orders for hospital supplies, equipment and/or food in accordance with AHS guidelines and standards. You will process incoming requisitions and distribute supplies, complete cart audits for quality assurance and communicates frequently with stakeholders to ensure appropriate and correct quantity of supplies are available. In addition, you will track and report on inventory to ensure over stocking does not occur.
- Understand the importance of cleaning and maintaining the vaccine refrigerator/freezer and monitoring equipment.
- A combination of education and applicable experience in inventory control and management and shipping/receiving will be considered.
- Must have good communications and interpersonal skills.
- May require periods of standing for two or more hours at a time. Occasional heavy lifting is required. I.e. packed vaccine coolers prepared for transport or receiving.
- Requires sitting a computer or on a telephone for prolonged periods of time. Requires working in a temperature controlled environment when packing vaccine.
- Understand the concept of heat transfer and requirements of Alberta Vaccine Cold Chain policy. Understand how to pack an insulated container for clinic or transport.
- Minimum one years’ experience in vaccine inventory.
- AHS Vaccine Storage and Handling e-Learning (MLL) as required to meet requirements of Alberta Vaccine Cold Chain policy.
- Minimum 40 wpm typing skills-test will be administered.
- Driver’s License required- driving required to transport vaccine. All ACE Courses.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including MS Office Word and Excel, Meditech and AVI-test will be administered.
- Must be organized and flexible to meet the demands of onsite nursing staff and off site queries internal to AHS and to external physician partners.
- Orientation on vaccine storage and handling practices, appropriate processes for packing the refrigerator/freezer.
Company: Alberta Health Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com